Repeal Parental Notice Now
- Watch this 30-second video by Dr. Alison Cowett and read Dr. Cowett’s op-ed in the Sun-Times
- Watch the video of our January 20th program (80) minutes
- Watch the short version of this video (18 minutes)
- Get the latest talking points, fact sheets and social media kit
- Visit RepealPNA.org
- Tell your friends and spread the word on social media using the #repealPNA hashtag.
- Call, email or write your state legislators. Send a letter to the editor.
- Visit RepealPNA.org/take-action to look up your legislators, send an email, or sign up to get more involved.
Almost daily, a pregnant young person in Illinois is forced to beg a judge in a room full of strangers to “allow” her to seek an abortion, with her only other choices being a self-induced illegal abortion, telling a violent or abusive parent she is pregnant, or becoming a parent against her will and better judgement.
This is what Illinois’ dangerous Parental Notice of Abortion (PNA) law does to countless young women across Illinois and why the next Speaker of the Illinois House must publicly commit to play a leadership role in its repeal prior to May 31, 2021. Putting the health and lives of young women at risk for one more day is unacceptable and lacks excuse. The repeal of PNA simply requires striking a few sentences from the state statute, is revenue neutral (actually saves money), and is supported by every mainstream medical and child advocacy organization in Illinois and across the country. The time for leadership is now.