Emergency Protest: Bans Off Our Bodies !!!!!
The Supreme Court’s refusal to block the Texas law banning abortions and deputizing vigilantes to enforce it is an unprecedented intrusion into the constitutional rights of women and a stunning attack on the rule of law. This article in The Guardian is one of the best to be published about it. And here’s Justice Sotomayor’s dissent, the Tribune editorial, and Rex Huppke’s Trib column.
We’re all coming together on Saturday October 2nd …
- at 11:30am at Daley Center in downtown Chicago — here’s the Facebook event from Planned Parenthood Illinois Action
- at 2:30pm at the central square in historic Woodstock in McHenry County — here’s the RSVP page at WomensMarch.com
- at 11:00am at the Palatine Volunteer Plaza and Clock Tower, 1 IDOT, in Palatine — here’s the RSVP page at WomensMarch.com
- at 11:00am at Mike Rylko Community Park, 951 McHenry Road, in Buffalo Grove — here’s the RSVP page at WomensMarch.com
- at 10:00am at Jackman Park, 1011 Lehigh Ave, in Glenview — here’s the RSVP page at WomensMarch.com
- at 3:00pm at the Porter County Courthouse, 16 E. Lincolnway, in Valparaiso — here’s the event’s Facebook page from Northwest Indiana NOW
- at 11:30am at the Old State Capitol Plaza in Springfield — here’s the Facebook event from Planned Parenthood Illinois Action
- in Washington, and in major cities all across the country.
We’ll update this website in the next few days as details firm up.
It’s time to come together to demand: Abortion On Demand and Without Apology. Put it on your calendars … tell all your friends … bring your masks … and bring signs.