Sponsored by legislators Villanueva, Sims, Martinez, Feigenholtz, Fine, Harris and Castro, the Healthy Youth Act (SB 3788) guarantees our youth inclusive, affirming, and comprehensive sexual health education — the full toolbox of knowledge and skills necessary to support responsible and informed decisions about their health to reduce harm and support overall well-being throughout their entire lives.
We in Illinois are fortunate to have one of the best sex ed laws out there. The Healthy Youth Act makes it better, by removing outdated, stigmatizing language and builds on current standards for health and sex ed courses. Get full details here.
Here’s what to do:
- Look up your nine-digit ZIP code at the United States Postal Service.
- Use your nine-digit zipcode to look up your state and federal legislators and your district numbers.
- Get a complete list of Illinois House members and their contact information here.
- Get a complete list of Illinois Senate members and their contact information here.
- Here’s phone #’s and other contact info for our US senators: Senator Tammy Duckworth—202-224-2854 or 312-886-3506; and Senator Dick Durbin—202-224-2152 or 312-353-4952
- Let your legislators know your positions on the bills described below. Demand action, courteously and forcefully.
- Tell the whole world too. Send letters to the editor, spread the word on social media, tell all your friends and relatives.
- Vote, vote, vote !!!! Now is the time to jump in to support candidates who support the issues you care about.